The Florida Department of Health, Children's Medical Services, Early Steps Program maintains a statewide interagency coordinating council called the Florida Interagency Coordinating Council for Infants and Toddlers (FICCIT). The role of FICCIT is to advise and assist Florida's Early Steps Program in the performance of its responsibilities including:
- Identification of sources of fiscal and other support for early intervention service programs under Part C of the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act (IDEA);
- Assignment of financial responsibility to the agency;
- Promotion of methods for intra-agency and interagency collaboration regarding child find, monitoring, financial responsibility, provision of services, and transition;
- Preparation of applications under Part C of IDEA including amendments;
- Transition from Early Steps to the state education agency; and,
- Annual Report on the status of early intervention services for infants and toddlers with disabilities and their families.